CONTEST INFORMATION FOR THE FALL SEASON COMING SOON!
USTA has made a few changes beginning this year:
Here they are:
- “Solo Pairs” is now called “Duet.”
- “Dance Twirl” is now “Artistic Twirl.”
- “Dance Twirl Pairs” is now “Artistic Twirl Pairs.”
- “Rhythm Twirl” and “Body Forms” are no longer sanctioned USTA events.
- “Member for a Day” is now “Non-Member Fee.” The fee is $5.00. $3.00 of that fee will go to USTA. The Contest Director will get to keep $2.
- Beginning in 2020, Juniors will no longer compete in Elite Compulsories at World. They will compete in Short Program. It’s official now, Junior Elites will compete in Short Program at Pre-Trials this year.
- Effective September 1, 2018, Novice wins have increased to three (3) competitive (against at least one other athlete) first place wins to advance to the next level.
- Beginning at Nationals 2019, for National Team Finals, teams in Juvenile, Junior or Senior Twirl Team or Dance Twirl Team categories with less than two teams will not have a final round. These teams will be offered a Command Performance.
All CA contest photos will now be viewed on the CA Baton Council Facebook Page.