California Baton Council
High School Senior Scholarship Award
What is the purpose of the California Baton Council High School Senior Scholarship Award? The California Baton Council offers opportunities for individuals, corporations, foundations and government gifts and grants to support and nurture the activities of the United States Twirling Association. The US Twirling Association helps develop its athletes; creating developmental programs, strengthening relationships through world education and competition; and addressing the mental and physical challenges of the sport. The opportunities in the sport of twirling are advanced by offering financial support to a full range of athletes competing at any level.
Who will administer the Scholarship?
California Baton Council Board Members
Who is eligible to apply for the Scholarship?
Any graduating senior in good standing with their high school or equivalent, the athlete must be a USTA member and a CBC member at any level.
How do I apply for the Scholarship?
- The application must be received on or before May 1, Year of the Award
- The application must be typed
- Two (2) recommendations must accompany the application; for example: your personal coach, a leader in the sport of twirling, an academic teacher and/or professor. (Letters should address your work habits, character, athletic participation, pursuit of academic goals, and your relationship with the person writing the letter.)
- Your completed Scholarship Application must contain the following:
- Application questions in essay format
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current high school transcript
- Must maintain a C average
Where do I send the completed application?
What is the size of the scholarship award and when will it be awarded?
The size of the Scholarship will vary, depending on funds available throughout the year. Scholarship recipient(s) are awarded at the California State Championships on Saturday.
Who will make the scholarship decision?
The CA Baton Council Board will choose the successful recipients.
What are the requirements for Scholarship recipients?
- Use the Scholarship for training, travel expenses and/or educational purposes related to baton twirling.
- Submit a reflection about his/her experiences as a Scholarship recipient. This submission should be submitted to the CBC Board no later than December of the year of receiving the Scholarship.