The Topic for the 2019 Patsy Hamilton Memorial Essay Contest is: TBD
Entry Deadline: April 2019
E-mail entries to: CaliforniaBatonCouncil@gmail.com
The Patsy Hamilton Memorial Competition (PHMC) is an annual baton twirling competition dedicated to the memory of Patsy. Patsy loved to write and had just renewed that love by taking some writing classes, just prior to her untimely passing at a baton competition. Thus the reasons for our essay contest each year in her honor. Patsy’s husband Bud, and daughters Cindy and Lori look forward to judging the essays each year. It is important to all members of the council to keep her memory alive. Here is a quote by Cindy, Patsy’s daughter, “Over the years it’s been wonderful to read the thoughts of competitors, ranging in age from about 5 to 17, on what life lessons the sport of baton twirling teaches. Mom was also a writer and she would be delighted about the nature of this legacy!”
1. You may now submit your essay electronically via email at CaliforniaBatonCouncil@gmail.com
2. You may now type it, but it must be typed by the athlete, and must still only be on one page.
3. You may submit it as a PDF or take a picture (making sure it’s clear) and emailing.
4. You may also submit your handwritten paper via email in PDF or a picture.
5. Please make sure to include ON THE PAPER, your name, age, and grade.
The deadline for submission is TBD. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN.
- The essays may be hand written on one side of an 8-1/2″ X 11″ piece of paper.
- Please E-mail only (must be received by the deadline)
- The winner of each age category will be announced at the Patsy Hamilton Memorial Contest.
- Open to CA twirlers only.