2021 Western Regional Championships
360 Ferry Street
Friday, June 18 – Saturday, June 19, 2021
WESTERN REGIONAL ENTRY FORM – Download Now
WESTERN REGIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES – PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT, SIGN IT AND RETURN IT WITH YOUR ENTRY FORM – Download Now
FINAL Deadline: Entries must be RECEIVED by May 17, 2021
E-mail entries to: Westernregionalbaton@gmail.com
E-mail and PayPal Information: WesternRegionalBaton@gmail.com
WESTERN REGIONAL CONTEST PROGRAM – will be posted 3 days before contest!
Tentative Schedule for Friday, June 18, 2021:
- Regional Women & Men’s Solo, Regional Duet, Regional 2&3 Baton
- Finals for: Regional Women & Men’s Solo, Regional 2-Baton, Regional 3-Baton
- Regional Strut, Regional Artistic Twirl, Regional Artistic Twirl Pairs
- Finals for: Regional Strut and Regional Artistic Twirl
- Adv Athlete of the Year Qualifier
Tentative Schedule for Saturday, June 19, 2021:
- Nov., Beg., Int., Solo, Duet, 2-Baton, 3-Baton, Strut, Artistic Twirl, Artistic Twirl Pairs
- Beg. and Int. Athlete of the Year Qualifier
- CAS Events: Compulsories and Movement Technique
- Foundation Events: Basic Strut, Military, Parade March, Presentation
- Teams, Trios, Freestyles, and Collegiate Event
ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY: Please submit payment via PayPal. To do this:
- Go to http://paypal.com and Sign Up or Sign In
- Click on the tab that says Send Money on the top of the screen
- Total entry amount, click Personal – Payment Owed and Submit
- Email this completed entry form to: Westernregionalbaton@gmail.com
Map to Contest – Click on gym name at top
2021 Western Regional Guidelines and Protocols
The Western Region will follow all Contra Costa County and California State Department of Public Health and the Federal Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
The Western Region will monitor all current local and state guidelines.
The Western Region will use the USTA Safety Plan Handbook as a guide for planning the competition.
The Western Region is committed to keeping athletes, coaches, judges, staff and families safe during this competition.
The following additional recommendations will be added to the Western Regional PreTrials, Open, and Championship Competition.
- A designated break area will be established inside and outside for Judges.
- A separate designated break area will be established for Staff outside.
- One judge per lane will be used for the open competition with a limitation of 3 lanes at one time.
- Three judges will be used per lane for the Championship events with a minimum of six feet of space per judge, maximum of two lanes running at a time.
- For the open competition, no paperwork will be given to athletes.
- During the foundation events, judges will not be handing out awards to athletes, they will pick up their awards in a designated area that will be monitored to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- All results will be posted outside in different designated areas to allow for social distancing.
- Athletes will line up one set before their assigned set in a designated area assisted by a lane starter, enter the competition floor when the set is announced.
- Athletes will remove their mask as soon as they get to their assigned line, place into a designated bag and perform their event, once the performance is completed, the athlete will replace their mask and exit the competition floor through a designated walkway.
- All athletes for the given set will exit as the next group enters (through a different route to help ensure social distancing is maintained).
- Two basketball court gym floors will be used for the competition. On the competition floor, there will be two to three lanes set up per set allowing for up to 3 judges and 3 athletes on the courts for a total of 6 people on both courts at a time (the max is 12 per court and the Western Region is preparing for ½ of the recommendation).
- There will be a monitor at the door of the practice gym to take temperature checks of athletes and coached before entering the practice area.
- A sanitation station will be set up at the entrance of the practice area and the entrance into the main gym where everyone entering will need to sanitize their hands.
- One spectator per athlete will be allowed in the building to watch the performance of the athletes and will sit in a designated area. The spectator will exit the facility at the conclusion of the performance and will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the facility.
- Signage will be posted throughout the building to help with the flow of walking traffic.
- All participants will be required to sign and submit the USTAs Waiver/Release for Communicable Diseases including Covid-19.
- Judges and staff members will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the building.
- Judges and staff members will be provided with boxed lunches and snacks.